Whether you just bought a new home, or redecorating your current home, these 8 Home Trends may be what you are looking for.
- Eclectic Design – More and more people are finding interest in conservation. With this in mind, we will see less waste and more reusing old items and giving them new life by either upcycling them or pairing them with new pieces.
- Bathroom Fun – You spend a lot of time in the bathroom, why not splurge a little? Bathrooms tend to be smaller than other rooms, so a small amount of something can go a long way. Maybe some pricey tile in small areas? Or even a wall papered wall. Have fun with your design.
- Greenery indoors – Fake plants are out. The newest trend is real ones. When you bring the green indoors you get a vibrant, lush feeling. They don’t even need to be expensive.
- Color in the kitchen – This trend began in 2010 but is here to stay (at least for 2020). If you really love color than why not go for it? Where not only talking walls either. You can play with the color of your cabinets, shelves etc. Afraid to commit to something so wild? Or maybe you rent and don’t have that option. Play with the color of your little appliances (like the toaster) and add color accents.
- OLD is the new NEW – Pieces that are either aged, or made to look aged will be a trend throughout 2020. From rustic tables to antique art and everything in between. If you are in need of some oldies but goodies check out your local antique shops and flea markets. Finding the perfect item for you is half the fun.
- Mix it up – Don’t be afraid to mix and match materials, textures, patterns etc. This is 2020 and it is okay to mix metal finishes, layer patterns, and have different textures. Just make sure that when you mix and match, you don’t get carried away or it may become too much of a good thing.
- Natural elements – Bring the outdoors in. Nature elements are trending already. Real wood, stone, crystals etc. No more plastic decor. Natural is the way to go.
- Large art – This is one trend where bigger is better. If you are using wallpaper choose larger prints. If you prefer pictures, go for the larger ones.